This position will independently accomplish more of the general or routine office administrative tasks. Individuals should have the expertise and qualifications to accomplish non-routine and moderately complex administrative tasks with minimal guidance and assistance. Depending on the customer office, some tasks can be more dynamic (i.e., less routine) and challenging than other tasks.
- Provide responsive administrative support to facilitate completion of all organizational mission requirements with minimal assistance and/or guidance. This will require interpreting and applying policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Determine best approach and courses of action to take in both routine and non-routine administrative situations with minimal assistance and/or guidance. This will require accurately interpreting and adapting guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation.
- Manage office schedules and calendars to administratively support responsive planning, coordination, execution, and completion of business rhythms, corporate requirements, and events (i.e., meetings, conferences, travel, etc.) with minimal assistance and/or guidance.
- Keep leadership and staff apprised of high priority issues, requirements, and developments as it relates to office business and administrative activities.
- Assist subordinate secretaries on new procedures; requests information needed form the subordinate offices for periodic or special conference, reports, inquiries, etc.
|Bachelor's Degree in General Business Administration or related course work from an accredited University/College
||Minimum 2 years of secretary experience
|Associate's Degree in General Business or related course work from an accredited College
||Minimum 4 years of secretary experience
|High School Diploma with Vocational/Military Training Certificate in Office Management, Secretary Services, or related field
||Minimum 6 years of secretary experience
- Prior experience as a secretary administratively supporting lower-to-mid management levels of an office. The Contractor's proposed personnel shall be expected to independently perform the general administrative requirements.
- Proven experience as a secretary supporting administrative requirements at the mid- to upper-management levels of an office. The proposed personnel will be expected to independently accomplish the advanced administrative tasks with no assistance.
- Fundamental understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC).
- Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity.
- Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette within a professional environment to:
- Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and
- Obtain a positive customer oriented service experience by internal/external office personnel, customers, and visitors.
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support the office administrative requirements.
- Capable of handling a large workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities with minimal assistance.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to:
- Articulate office administrative requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude;
- Exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results; and
- Produce written correspondence (i.e., email, letter, document, etc.) that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
- Good office organization skills that facilitates a neat and orderly presentation of the work environment and administrative activities.
- Proficient working knowledge of office information technology (IT) equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment) with the ability to independently operate such equipment in completing office administrative tasks.
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) with the ability to use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks.
- Experience with office filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) using specified format and structure.
- Able to be a self-starter and work with minimal assistance to complete all assigned work requirements.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess consistent, mature judgment.
- Able to handle a moderate and demanding workload; efficiently coordinate resources, and reasonably work in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities.
- Prior DoD and/or government customer experience working in a related field.
- Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the military services.
- Proficient working knowledge of the following corporate applications:
- Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR)
- Possesses a working knowledge of the government customer's internal coordination and approval processes.
- Working knowledge of Access database
- Proficient with the government customer's correspondence manual
- Working knowledge of the government customer's File Plan requirements
- A working level understanding of the government customer's corporate processes
- Prior experience with the awards and decorations process
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.