If you are ready to submit your resume, fill out the form to the right. Please attach your resume in pdf format, no cover letter is necessary. You may also submit your resume manually by e-mailing your resume, in MS Word format, as an attachment to: Recruiting@thcllc.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your e-mail. If we are interested in interviewing you, we will contact you at the contact information you provide on your resume.
Data Architect (DA)Job Number: Req ID DA001
Job Date: 2013-01-29
Job Location: Metro DC
Clearance Level: Agency Clearance
The successful candidate will assist with client programs in developing data models and establishing and/or improving the data management program. The effort to model the enterprise shall include providing reference, Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models of both the "as is" and any potential "to be" data structures.
- Assist the clients Data Architect in the refinement of the Enterprise Conceptual Data
- Architecture and Logical Data Model
- Assist the clients Data Architect in keeping the Enterprise PDM current
- Assist in guiding enterprise-wide data architecture strategies integration with enterprise infrastructure and application architectures, as well as data integration processes, data governance models and standards specifications
- Assist in ensuring cross Data Architecture visibility on enterprise data usage; access, and storage; and how and what methods are used in the data transformation within the data usage lifecycle
- Conduct briefings to high-level decision makers on Enterprise Data Management and information sharing frameworks for the client
- Conform to the National Exchange Information Model (NEIM) standards when developing the clients data models for external facing system interfaces
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies supporting new and changing data standards
- Support and facilitate functional data management discussions and initiatives
- Provide OIT with a complete body of data and information architectural standards, policies and designs that address data management and secure data access, ensuring that there is integration of the clients Security Architecture and it is in line with the clients Data Architecture
- Document the proper sequence of activities that have to be performed to ensure an effective and efficient implementation of the future architecture
- Assist in the promotion of internal and/or external partnerships that improve data integration and information sharing responsiveness
- Gathers business data requirements
- Transforms business requirements into logical data models so that it can be collected once and used for many purposes
- Performs business analysis
- Creates the architecture for data warehouse components to improve access to information relevant in the decision making process
- Perform analysis of existing data assets
- Develop and maintain logical data models
- Develop and maintain physical data models
- Develop and maintain data modeling standards
- Participate in new application development projects
- Data Modeler shall coordinate on an ongoing basis with the data stewards to ensure that any change or modification to the data architecture is captured and data models updated.
- Have a thorough understanding of Data modeling, data management and data design.
- Have a thorough understanding of data modeling tools, techniques and concepts such as data management and data design.
- Must have a BA or BS
- Must have 5+ years of experience in data modeling
- Possesses a demonstrated competency using data modeling products
- Must have knowledge and experience with NEIM data standard Capability.
- Proficient using Troux Metis a plus.
- Proficient using Rochade required
- Proficient using Erwin Data Modeler Version 7.X or compatible is required
- Proficient using IGrafx a plus
- Proficient IBM WebSphere Data modeler a plus
- Proficient using Cognos a plus