HCVP Owner Administration
The T&H Team brings their strong background in having delivered full-service Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) administration and consulting for two of the nation’s top 20 voucher programs (Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) and The Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency (MDHA) in addition to serving over 200 Public Housing Agencies (PHA) under their 13 years managing the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) HOPE VI and Choice Neighborhood programs. With a proven track record providing program management, grants management, information systems, and multi-channel contact center and help desk support solutions to Federal and local government agencies, the T&H Team is perfectly suited to bring exceptional customer service solutions to CHA’s HCV programs. In addition, the T&H Team has more than 10 years of’ direct experience providing clearinghouse and end-user support services to HUD’s Office of Multifamily Housing. In that sub-agency, they we instituted innovative, cost-saving solutions, including taking the call center services to the cloud. We currently support the following multifamily housing systems:
- Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS);
- Integrated Real Estate Management System (iREMS);
- Development Application Processing (DAP);
- Mortgage Delinquency and Default Reporting System (MDDR); and
- Active Partners Performance System (APPS); and Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) module in TRACS.
The T&H Team provides Owner Administration services consisting of several key tasks:
- Resolving Owner Concerns or Inquiries. Our staff will work with the owner to resolve any matter by communicating with the necessary Administration Component office that is currently servicing the owner’s property. Our team is able to provide “one-stop” customer service to the owner and minimize the time to resolve their issues.
- Diversifying the Owner Base. Recognizing the need to diversify the owner base of available properties in the HCV program, our staff will collaborate with each other, and particularly the marketing and community outreach group to support the effort to increase and diversify program participation.
- Operating an Owner Business Center. The T&H Team will operate an Owner Business Center (OBC) by staffing qualified and experienced professionals who provide exceptional customer service to the owner clientele. The OBC is equipped to receive owners who walk-in or make appointments as well as inquiries received by email, the web, telephone, or traditional mail.
- Ensuring Owner Compliance. The T&H Team utilizes an online contract compliance system to monitor the status of owner agreements, certifications, and contracts. Our staff work with owners to assist them in retaining and maintaining their certifications before corrective actions are taken. We put processes and formal training programs in place to ensure that all staff are interpreting HCV requirements and advisory updates in a uniform and consistent manner.
- Maintaining Owner Accounts. Our Housing Administration staff ensure that critical information such as new ownership, terminations or abatements needs are accurate and updated constantly, so that any issues pertaining to judgments, liens, or other infractions are addressed in a timely and accurate fashion. Our staff are prepared and equipped to liaise with other offices to maintain the owner accounts accurately and efficiently.
- Administering Owner/Unit Excellence Program. The T&H team supports the Unit Excellence Program (UEP) by providing staff to focus on the customer service needs of the UEP owners. This support mirrors the support provided to the general owner population, however owners in the UEP program receive specialized services including outreach, owner briefings and property management training.
- Utilizing Dashboards. Dashboards positively impact our ability to better provide all of these services to the HCV owner base. Using a comprehensive dashboard solution has a measurable impact on the staff to deliver all of the services mentioned in a quality focused manner.