HCVP Community Outreach via Choice Neighborhoods
Community Outreach via Choice Neighborhoods
T&H provides extensive community support and outreach efforts to Public Housing Authorities across the Nation via Choice Neighborhoods (CN). An example of our value-added CN services is our work in Chicago. T&H has a long term relationship with the city of Chicago and its underserved communities. T&H has been on the forefront in supporting the Preservation of Affordable Housing (POAH) and City of Chicago for the first ever CN grant awarded to the City of Chicago. HUD CN grants transform distressed neighborhoods and public and assisted projects into viable and sustainable mixed-income neighborhoods by linking housing improvements with appropriate services, schools, public assets, transportation, and access to jobs.
T&H supports this important effort by:
- Conducting frequent working sessions with health and hospital services, police, and schools to determine community needs and to help improve essential services
- Providing training on community-based performance management.
- Interacting and shared ideas with the “on the ground” case management teams and community partners.
- Providing a variety of support services to assist families through special programs, including Family Self-Sufficiency, Family Unification, Choose to Own, and Housing Opportunity
- Improving customer service delivery to owners, participants and community partners through our Putting Customers First philosophy
- Designing and implementing a customer service KIOSK that enables customers to provide feedback in an automated form.